Medium undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 67 (9d8 + 27)
Speed 40 ft.
|18 (+4)||17 (+3)||16 (+3)||11 (+0)||10 (+0)||8 (–1)|
Saving Throws Strength +6, Constitution +4
Skills Athletics +6, Stealth +5
Damage Resistances necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Umbral
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Reckless. At the start of his turn, the Mad Ghoul can gain advantage on all melee weapon attack rolls he makes during that turn, but attack rolls against him have advantage until the start of his next turn.
- Stench. Any creature that starts its turn within 5 feet of the Mad Ghoul must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned until the start of its next turn. On a successful saving throw, the creature is immune to the Mad Ghoul’s stench for 24 hours.
- Turning Defiance. The Mad Ghoul and any ghouls within 30 feet of him have advantage on saving throws against effects that turn undead.
- Multiattack. The Mad Ghoul makes two attacks, one with his bite and one with his claws.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage. If the target is a creature other than an undead, it must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Courts of the Shadow Fey © 2019 Open Design LLC; Authors: Wolfgang Baur & Dan Dillon.