Medium humanoid (human), neutral
Armor Class 19 (+1 studded leather)
Hit Points 195 (26d8 + 78)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||22 (+6)||16 (+3)||8 (-1)||12 (+2)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Strength+4, Constitution+7
Tools water vehicles
Skills Acrobatics +10, Insight +6, Intimidation +8, Stealth +10
Condition Immunities frightened; Senses passive Perception 12
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
- Bleeding Wound. A creature that takes damage from a pistol attack from the black-bearded buccaneer takes the same amount of damage again the next round.
- Dead Eye. The buccaneer ignores half or three quarters cover.
- Dead Shot. The buccaneer does an extra die of damage with pistols (included in its attack).
- Evasive. The buccaneer takes half damage on a failed dexterity saving throw, or none on a successful one.
- Quickload. The buccaneer loads both its pistols as a bonus action.
- Special Gear. Potion of extra healing, potion of invisibility, spyglass, clear spindle Ioun stone of sustenance.
- Multiattack. The Buccaneer makes four attacks, two with each pistol.
- Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 6) slashing damage.
- Pistol. Ranged Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d8 + 6) bludgeoning and piercing damage.
This legendary buccaneer is a pirate other pirates fear, with a legendary name and an ensign that other vessels fear to see on the far horizon. He carries two pistols, and always attacks with both. Its treasures are legendary, but so too are its wrath and its thirst for grog and plunder alike.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.