Medium humanoid (any race), lawful evil alignment
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points 78 (12d8 + 24)
Speed 30 ft.
|18 (+4)||10 (+0)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||13 (+1)||15 (+2)|
- Charge. If the black knight commander is mounted and moves at least 30 feet in a straight line toward a target and then hits it with a melee attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 10 (3d6) damage.
- Hateful Aura. The black knight commander and allies within 10 feet of the commander add its Charisma modifier to weapon damage rolls (included in damage below).
- Magic Weapons. The black knight commander’s weapon attacks are made with magical (+1) weapons.
- Multiattack. The black knight commander makes two melee attacks.
- Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Lance. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d12 + 5) piercing damage.
- Frightful Charge (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). The black knight commander lets loose a terrifying cry and makes one melee attack at the end of a charge. Whether the attack hits or misses, all enemies within 15 feet of the target and aware of the black knight commander’s presence must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A frightened creature repeats the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The black knight commander strikes an imposing figure upon his chosen mount; one that inspires bloodlust in his allies and fear in his foes. Devoted to his own twisted code, the black knight commander has a sense of honor but he spares no compassion for those who stand in his way. Whether he fights for a dark lord or a demonic god, all of his foes will be trampled into the dust and their families slaughtered so there can be no revenge. The only victory is a total victory.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.