The only creatures more vile than demons—creatures born irredeemably evil—are those who willingly adopt a demon’s cruel ways. Worst among the demon worshipers are the fallen paladins known as doomspeakers, warriors so ensorcelled by power that they would burn the world just to rule its ashes. These creatures walk the path of evil not by birth but by choice, and they breed cruelty in their hearts so dark that no glimmer of compassion can pierce it. Doomspeakers raise vast hordes of weak-minded and rage-fueled followers to run roughshod over the world. Empowered by their leader’s evil magic, such legions can trample even mighty armies into the mud.
Medium humanoid (any race), chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (shield)
Hit Points 78 (12d8 + 24)
Speed 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||17 (+3)||15 (+2)||10 (+0)||12 (+1)||18 (+4)|
- Aura of the Funeral Feast. The doomspeaker gains 10 (3d6) temporary hp whenever a creature dies within 10 feet of it.
- Pervasive Unholy Smite. Whenever the doomspeaker deals damage with a melee weapon attack, the target takes an extra 9 (2d8) necrotic damage (included in the attack). This damage increases to 13 (3d8) if the target is a celestial, a good-aligned dragon, or a fey.
- Spellcasting. The doomspeaker is a 12th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following paladin spells prepared:
- Multiattack. The doomspeaker makes two shortsword attacks.
- Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage plus 9 (2d8) necrotic damage.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.