Medium beast, chaotic good
Armor Class 14 (natural)
Hit Points 75 (10d10 + 20)
Speed swim 45 ft.
|12 (+1)||10 (+0)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||11 (+0)||10 (+0)|
- Charge. If the hippocampus moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a ram attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 7 (2d6) bludgeoning damage. It the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Waterbreathing. The hippocampus can breathe either water or air.
- Multiattack. Name makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws, or two with its dagger.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8+1) piercing damage.
- Ram. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) bludgeoning damage.
This selfish cavalier always likes to fight where he has the greatest advantage—underwater. its favorite strategy is to attack the hull of an enemy ship from underwater, while its shipmates fight on deck, forcing some of its opponents to eventually engage him. If he happens to sink the ship before its opponents surrender their plunder, he counts on its trusty hippocampus Glory to dive to the seafloor to recover the ship’s most valuable treasures. Unable to comprehend the idea that he could be bested, he fights to the death.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.