Small humanoid (goblin), neutral evil
Armor Class 17 (studded leather)
Hit Points 169 (26d6 + 78)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||12 (+1)||6 (-2)|
Saving Throws Strength +5, Constitution +7
Tools Alchemist’s supplies, poisoner’s kit
Skills Arcana +7, Perception +5, Stealth +8
Damage Resistances fire; Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Goblin, Aquan, Common, Ignan
Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Nimble Escape. The goblin grenadier pro can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of its turns.
- Sharpshooter. Long range doesn’t impose disadvantage on the goblin grenadier pro’s ranged weapon attack rolls, and it ignores half cover and three-quarters cover.
- Special Gear. Potion of fly, potion of heroism, potion of greater healing, potion of fire breath.
- Spellcasting. The goblin grenadier pro is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). The goblin has the following spells prepared:
- Multiattack. The goblin grenadier pro makes two attacks: one with its dagger and one with its bomb, or two with its blunderbuss.
- Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft, one target. Hit: 8 (1d4 + 5) slashing damage and 21 (6d6) poison damage and the target must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned until the start of the goblin’s next turn.
- Bomb. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20/40 ft., one target. Hit: 26 (6d6+5) fire damage, and the target and all creatures within 5 feet of the target must succeed on a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw or catch on fire. Unattended flammable objects automatically fail.
- Blunderbuss. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 15/30 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d10+5) bludgeoning and piercing damage.
These savage specialists are devastatingly destructive to their enemies and revered as veritable gods by their pyromaniac goblin kin, but they can be invaluable assault troops that leave enemy ships a flaming wreck. Few things strike fear into a ship’s captain more than these little buggers hastily mixing their fiery mutagens while grinning menacingly.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.