Medium humanoid (human), any alignment
Armor Class 13 (padded armor)
Hit Points 37 (6d8 + 6)
Speed 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||15 (+2)||12 (+1)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)|
- Boarding Action. When boarding an enemy ship, on the first round of combat the marine can use Dash as a bonus action.
- Loyal. Marines get advantage on all saving throws to resist enchantment spells.
- Reckless Attack. When the marine makes its first attack on its turn, the marine can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives the marine advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against the marine have advantage until the marine’s next turn.
- Special Gear. Caltrops, grappling hook, 50 ft. of rope, signal whistle, snorkel, 2d6 gp.
- Bayonet. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) slashing damage.
- Musket. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80/160 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d12 + 2) bludgeoning and piercing damage.
These marines are specialized in fighting in the sea or under the surface. They often form raiding parties that strike up from beneath the ocean, using the sea to conceal their approach until they are ready to launch their attack. While not able to breathe water naturally, marines can use specialized equipment and a small amount of magic to allow them to remain below the surface for considerable lengths of time. When battle is joined, the marines’ fearsome nature comes to the fore, making them an excellent force to spearhead an amphibious assault. Marines also make competent and capable sailors, but they see this as only an ancillary responsibility.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.