Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
Armor Class 16 (breastplate)
Hit Points 112 (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||12 (+1)||8 (-1)|
- Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the pirate guard hits with it (included in the attack).
- Special Gear. Extra net, two vials of poison, manacles, 50 ft. of rope, signal whistle.
- Multiattack. The guard makes two attacks with its glaive or two attacks with its crossbow.
- Glaive. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d10 + 3) slashing damage and if it’s a creature it must succeed on a DC10 Constitution saving throw or take 2 (1d4) poison damage.
- Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage and if it’s a creature it must succeed on a DC10 Constitution saving throw or take 2 (1d4) poison damage.
- Net. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target. Hit: the target is restrained.
Sometime gladiators and pit fighters, these seafaring soldiers are equally adept at hauling captives off to sea as at setting up a defensive perimeter for their commanders.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.