Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
Armor Class 16 (+1 studded leather)
Hit Points 182 (28d8 + 56)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||12 (+1)||20 (+5)|
- Battle Cry (1/Day). Each creature of the piper ‘s choice that is within 30 feet of it, can hear it, and not already affected by Battle Cry gain advantage on attack rolls until the start of the piper ‘s next turn. The piper can then make one attack as a bonus action.
- Countercharm. As an action, the piper may give allies advantage on saving throws against being frightened or charmed.
- Inspire. As a bonus action the piper can inspire allies. One ally may roll 1d12 and add the result to a single ability check, attack roll, damage roll, saving throw, or add to their armor class against a single attack. The piper may use this ability 5 times per day.
- Special Gear. Monkey familiar, scimitar of speed, +1 studded leather, scroll of feather fall, scroll of shield, 45 gp.
- Spellcasting. The piper is a 16th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The piper has the following spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): dancing light, true strike, vicious mockery
- 1st level (4 slots): charm person, disguise self, heroism
- 2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, suggestion
- 3rd level (3 slots): fear, stinking cloud
- 4th level (3 slots): compulsion, polymorph
- 5th level (2 slots): dominate person, geas
- 6th level (1 slot): guards and wards, mass suggestion
- 7th level (1 slot): forcecage
- 8th level (1 slot): dominate monster
- Multiattack. piper makes two attacks with its scimitar or two with its hand crossbow.
- Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6 +5) slashing damage.
- Hand crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage and the target must make on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.