Medium humanoid (human), neutral
Armor Class 15 (chain shirt)
Hit Points 143 (22d8 + 44)
Speed 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||14 (+2)||15 (+2)||14 (+2)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)|
Saving Throws Constitution+5, Wisdom+8
Skills Animal Handling +8, Perception +8
Damage Resistances fire
Damage Immunities poison, disease
Condition Immunities charmed or frightened by elementals or fey; Senses passive Perception 18
Languages Aquan, Common, Infernal
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Wild Shape. Twice per day, as a bonus action, the shaman of the waves may magically assume the shape of a beast. Beast attacks count as magical attacks for purposes of overcoming resistances or immunities to nonmagical attacks or damage.
- Combat Wild Shape. As a bonus action, the shaman of the waves may expend a spell slot and heal 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot expended.
- Elemental Wild Shape. The shaman of the waves may expend both uses of Wild Shape at once to transform into an air, earth, fire, or water elemental.
- Special Gear. Wand of light, wand of fog cloud, 38 gp
- Spellcasting. The shaman of the waves is an 11thlevel spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 16, +8 to hit with spell attacks). The shaman of the waves has the following spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): guidance, poison spray, thorn whip
- 1st level (4 slots): cure wounds, create or destroy water, thunderwave
- 2nd level (3 slots): barkskin, heat metal, hold person
- 3rd level (3 slots): call lightning, conjure animals, water walk
- 4th level (3 slots): dominate beast, control water, icestorm
- 5th level (2 slots): conjure elemental, insect plague
- 6th level (1 slot): heal, sunbeam
- Multiattack. The shaman of the waves makes two attacks with its pike or two with its heavy crossbow.
- Pike. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d10 + 3) slashing damage.
- Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d10 + 2) piercing damage.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.