Medium humanoid (half-elf), neutral evil
Armor Class 16 (plate)
Hit Points 195 (26d8 + 78)
Speed 30 ft., swim 25 ft.
|20 (+5)||16 (+3)||17 (+3)||12 (+1)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)|
Saving Throws Strength+9, Dexterity+5
Skills Animal Handling +6, Athletics +9, Nature +4, Perception +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Languages Aquan, Common, Elvish
Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Brutal Skewer. The waverider scoundrel’s lance attacks do an extra die of damage and double its strength bonus (included in the attack) and scores a critical hit on a 19 or 20.
- Challenge. The waverider scoundrel challenges a creature in combat. The creature must succeed on a DC 16 Charisma saving throw or must spend all its actions to move toward and attack the waverider scoundrel. At the end of each of its turns the creature can make another saving throw, ending the effect on a success.
- Partially Webbed. The waverider scoundrel’s half sea-elf ancestry grants it a swim speed.
- Special Gear. Necklace of adaptation, shaving kit, small steel mirror, banner depicting a hippocampus wearing a crown, collection of labeled hull fragments from defeated ships, 20 gp.
- Spirited charge. If the waverider scoundrel moves at least 20 feet toward a target with a lance attack while mounted it can continue to move without provoking opportunity attacks.
- Multiattack. The waverider scoundrel makes two attacks with its lance or its heavy crossbow.
- Lance. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 23 (2d12 + 10) piercing damage.
- Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d10 + 3) piercing damage.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.