This translucent creature’s shape shifts between a spinning column of water and a crashing wave.
Large elemental, neutral
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 114 (12d10 + 48)
Speed 30 ft., swim 90 ft.
|18 (+4)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)||5 (-3)||10 (+0)||8 (-1)|
Damage Resistances acid; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Water From: The elemental can enter a hostile creature’s space and stop there. It can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- Freeze: If the elemental takes cold damage, it partially freezes; its speed is reduced by 20 feet until the end of its next turn.
- Multiattack: The elemental makes two slam attacks.
- Slam: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
- Whelm (Recharge 4-6): Each creature in the elemental’s space must make a DC 15 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage. If it is Large or smaller, it is also grappled (escape DC 14). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and unable to breathe unless it can breathe water. If the saving throw is successful, the target is pushed out of the elemental’s space. The elemental can grapple one large creature or up to two Medium or smaller creatures at one time. At the start of each of the elemental’s turns, each target grappled by it takes 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage. A creature within 5 feet of the elemental can pull out a creature or object out of it by taking an action to make a DC 14 Strength and succeeding.